About Vampira- love this.
About Vampira- love this.
No #freezer no #problem #ice #sink #vegan #sdcc
Part of prep for #SDCC #sandiego #comiccon was having @janellecstylist give me a new do. I’ll be slinging #DC #collectibles #comics and #tees with @lincolnbeard @ewoksrule and @zpuppypawsk at the Graphitti booth so come wave at us. Just not on Preview Night. #hair #care #blue #cats #neko #maneki #cateye #shades #glasses #boothbabe
Leonid Tishkov’s Private Moon series
Here are some wonderful facts about Sea World’s orcas!
- The average lifespan of wild orcas ranges from 30-50 years, although some females can easily make it past 80 (a wild orca named J2 or ‘Granny’ is 103 this year!). The lifespan of a Sea World orca is around 25 years, the median age being 9. But at least they put on a good show!
- Don’t worry, collapsed dorsal fins are a common condition, although in the wild only sick or injured orcas have collapsed dorsal fins. All of Sea World’s males and some females have it, it makes them look unique!
- The size of Sea World’s tanks compared to an orca is about the same as a human to a bathtub. Lot’s of room to stretch and move!
- Wild orcas swim 100+ miles a day, they would have to swim around their tank 1,400+ times a day to achieve that. But that seems like a lot of work, and you may see the animals hanging out near the surface of the water or on the bottoms of their tanks for hours. That’s a lot more relaxing than swimming all those miles!
- Sea World gives their orcas a Valium-like drug to stop the whales from acting aggressively towards each other and to numb their minds from their vastly uninteresting concrete tanks. Buying a ticket to Sea World is an excellent way to help them pay for these drugs that they pump their animals full with!
- Many captive orcas show abnormal behaviors like head bobbing, chewing on concrete, and self mutilation by banging their heads into the side of the tank. Obviously just temper-tantrums! Silly things.
- In the wild, there has been only one orca attack. Bad orca! While in captivity, there have been over 100 attacks and 4 deaths. These animals just need more training, it couldn’t possibly be related to their confinement!
- Food is used as reinforcement for tricks. Do a trick, get your dinner. Don’t want to do a trick? I guess you don’t eat tonight you stubborn thing!
See? Sea World isn’t as bad as people make it out to be! Oh, one more fact: for every $1,000,000 Sea World makes, about $600 goes into conservation efforts (about $0.5 a ticket). I’m so glad they care about conservation of the ocean! Amazing work!
If you haven’t realized it yet, this post is 100% sarcastic. It should be obvious, but not everyone understands sarcasm…
Harry Potter wedding
What the shit, Riverdale?
#4. Archie Gets Shot for Big Sales
This past week, Archie Comics went the distance and flat-out fucking killed their eponymous star. OK, so he only died in Life With Archie, a comic about an alternate reality where Archie’s an adult. Sure, Archie sacrifices himself to an assassin’s bullet that was meant for his gay pal. But holy shit, people, this is Archie we’re talking about. He’s not Superman, out there fighting universe-eating aliens on the daily. Motherfucker’s pissed away the past seven decades drinking milkshakes and failing calculus. Archie’s shooting is like cracking open the funny pages only to witness Hi and Lois getting executed by FARC guerrillas or Ziggy ODing on muscle relaxants.
I’ve been saying this for years. It might be why I read Archie.
Rare photo of Vampira by Dennis Stock, 1954
Ganna Walska and her kitty
by Underwood and Underwood c.1921